Paediatrics is the branch of medicine that involves the medical care of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
- Paediatricians practice the specialty of medical science concerned with the physical, emotional, and social health of children from birth to young adulthood.
- Paediatric care encompasses a broad spectrum of health services ranging from preventive health care to the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic diseases.
- Paediatricians understand the many factors that affect the growth and development of children. They understand that children are not simply small adults.
- Children change rapidly, and they must be approached with an appreciation for their stage of physical and mental development.
- Paediatricians need to have calm and patient composure. The main reason for this is that they deal with children.
Pediatric billing & coding is different from other specialties as it requires the billers & coders to be aware of elements such as vaccines. Pediatrics can be stressful due to its innumerable modifiers & bundling requirements.
Preventive Medicine Services – New Patients:
CPT 99381 Infant (younger than 1 year)
- DX Z00.110 Health supervision for new-born under 8 days old or
- DX Z00.111 Health supervision for new-born 8 to 28 days old or
- DX Z00.121 Routine child health exam with abnormal findings or
- DX Z00.129 Routine child health exam without abnormal findings
CPT 99382 Early childhood (age 1–4 years)
CPT 99383 Late childhood (age 5–11 years)
CPT 99384 Adolescent (age 12–17 years)
- DX Z00.121 & Z00.129
CPT 99385 18 years or older
- DX Z00.00 General adult medical exam without abnormal findings
- DX Z00.01 General adult medical exam with abnormal findings
Preventive Medicine Services – Established Patients:
CPT 99391 Infant (younger than 1 year)
- 110 Health supervision for newborn under 8 days old
- 111 Health supervision for newborn 8 to 28 days old
- 121 Routine child health exam with abnormal findings
- 129 Routine child health exam without abnormal findings
CPT 99392 Early childhood (age 1–4 years)
CPT 99393 Late childhood (age 5–11 years)
CPT 99394 Adolescent (age 12–17 years)
- 121 & Z00.129
CPT 99395 18 years or older
- 00 General adult medical exam without abnormal findings
- 01 General adult medical exam with abnormal findings
Preventive Medicine, Counselling
99401 – 15min
99402 – 30min
99403 – 45min
99404 – 60min